At Scintica we are committed to advancing science by bringing new and interesting products to preclinical labs and assisting scientists with implementing these technologies into their research protocols. Our products include imaging modalities such as ultrasound, PET/CT, MRI, bioluminescence/fluorescence, DEXA, photoacoustic, and intra-vital microscopy. We also offer physiological monitoring devices to measure blood flow velocity, tissue oxygenation, and microvascular function, as well as a selection of equipment and supplies for cellular and molecular biology.
We are looking for a candidate who has a diverse background in applied science, excellent communication skills and previous experience with preclinical ultrasound imaging systems to join our sales team as a Product Specialist. Scintica is a relatively young and rapidly growing company, selling and supporting a variety of sophisticated scientific equipment, and can offer significant opportunities for growth and professional development including travel and extensive opportunities to learn about new areas of scientific discovery. We offer a base salary commensurate with experience, sales commissions, and a health benefit program.
Responsibilities for the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Follow-up with prospective customers to assess the equipment needs of their lab and determine appropriate technical solutions.
- Lead the selling process by involving relevant product specialists and administrative staff as required to secure orders.
- Utilize all available means to identify prospective customers for various product solutions including publications databases such as PubMed, institutional websites, customer referrals, social networks, etc.
- Support the marketing team on lead generation strategies by assisting with content for outbound campaigns and inbound marketing initiatives (email campaigns, educational webinars, social media campaigns).
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of how to apply and configure various technologies to best meet customer needs.
- Conduct virtual presentations and demonstrations of equipment where possible.
- Perform high quality demonstrations of our high-frequency 3D ultrasound system for prospective customers on cardiac, cancer, and developmental biology preclinical models.
- Perform on-site demonstrations of our Doppler Flow Velocity System for assessing cardiovascular function in rodents.
- On occasion, perform demonstrations for other systems in the Scintica portfolio including, but not limited to, tissue perfusion devices, bioluminescence and fluorescence imagers, myographs, etc.
- Gain an understanding of the competitive landscape and how to position our solutions to succeed in winning high value sales.
- Issue quotes, complete demonstration/training reports, document customer interactions in the company customer relationship management (CRM) software platform, create opportunities and schedule appropriate follow up.
- Carry out onsite installation and training where required.
- Provide post-installation application support, either at the customer site, via videoconference or at centralized training facilities, as required
- Participate in trade shows, conferences and workshops as required
- Support international distributors when required
- Assist in evaluating and testing new products and contributing content for new marketing material
- Foster and nurture strong customer relationships
Future career progression can include more senior sales responsibilities, additional products, product management and more involvement in our marketing initiatives.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- A degree in the life sciences, biomedical science, cellular/molecular biology, or similar.
- Experience in cardiac small animal ultrasound imaging
- Excellent knowledge in mouse anatomy and physiology
- Knowledge in oncology, developmental biology, and neurobiology would be an asset
- Experience with small animal practices and techniques – Animal Care and Handling, including Anesthesia
- Experience in medical software and knowledge in imaging applications is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal communication and relationship building skills
- Effective presentation skills to delivery complex information confidently, to a wide range of audiences
- Good computer skills
- Legal status to work the United States, if residing in the US; or legal status to travel to the United States, if residing in Canada.
- A commitment to travel up to 50% of the time (when/were permitted).
- Valid passport and drivers’ license.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Skills and abilities that are considered a high priority include:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate with a scientist, as a scientist, and to understand their research.
- Additional language skills are an asset
- Scientific interest
- Ability to navigate complex purchasing and decision processes with confidence to influence course of action.
- Strong negotiation and consultative selling skills.
- An understanding of the scientific grant writing process and research funding environment.
- Ability to respond to challenges in a professional manner during on-site visits.
- Can work well under pressure and manage changing priorities and timelines.
- Positive professional attitude, wanting to learn from new and challenging opportunities.
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Attention to detail
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fulfill the following form