UNO Intubation Aid
Prolongs time for intubation without necessitating I.P. anesthesia
Design aligns animal in ideal position for intubation
Lower jaw opens automatically to provide a clear view of vocal cords
Animal can be connected to UMV for controlled anaesthesia immediately after intubation
Two Models Are Currently Available:
(1) For Intubating Mice
- Order Code: 180000014
(2) For Intubating Mice or Rat
- Order Code: 180000314 (Includes mouse cone)
- Order Code: 180000414 (Includes rat cone)
- The intubation aid is supplied with either a nose cone for mouse or a nose cone for rat.
- This intubation aid is also more suitable for intubating larger rats.
- Individual nose cones are also available for purchase and are easily interchangeable for use with mouse or rat.
How Does It Work?
- Expose animal to anaesthetics in induction chamber for initial anaesthesia
- Take animal out of induction chamber and place “cord” around its front teeth
- Slowly pull the animal with its snout/nose into A.
- Secure “cord” with tape
- Because the intubation aid is connected to the vaporizer, the animal is exposed to anaesthetic gas constantly (B).
- The “excessive /exhausted gas” is being disposed off through hose C.
- After intubation the animal can be connected to the UNO Micro Ventilator.